With warm sunny climate, and being close to the coasts, the region is popular with those that enjoy the outdoors
- Popular region to live, bring up family and retire
- Nelson city 60,000, Blenheim 30,000
- Rural and coastal mix of locations
- Smaller hospitals
- Known for its sunshine hours
- Domestic smaller airports
- Easy to get around in all towns
The Nelson Marlborough region is known for its outdoor lifestyle options, whether it be more rural or coastal.
With the luxury of both being close its a popular region to bring up families, and then with its warmer climate great for those in retirement!
Both the main towns are large enough to support significant industries from farming on land, to hops, orchards, and mussel farming on the water.