Bay of Plenty
Discover the beauty of the Bay of Plenty, right here on your doorstep
- Lifestyle, outdoors and more coastal
- Largest city Tauranga 160,000 people
- Rural backdrop to coastal locations
- Three hospitals (one a regional base)
- Milder climate compared to lots of NZ
- Domestic airports
The Bay is the bay of plenty… from options to sail, surf and swim, to run, cycle and enjoy the warmer climate.
Within 2 hours of Auckland and the mountains, you’re never stuck for where to go for the outdoors. Lush fertile hills and farmland create a backdrop to the main city of Tauranga, its port and the beaches of Mt Maunganui!
And then when you venture inland you’re immersed in culture a plenty, with Rotorua where you experience the Maori culture, and hot thermal pools